List:       linux-vlan
Subject:    [VLAN] How to set MAC-address per VLAN
From:       Bengt-Arne Fjellner <baf2 () tt ! luth ! se>
Date:       2000-12-08 9:03:07

I have just got vlan working(mostly) but my router dont seem to like it.
setup is PC with Intel Eepro 100+ managment (added 3 vlan´s) I have applied
the MTU patch and it works but I cant reach one of the interfaces from the
router. Possibly it would help if I could change mac-adress on the vlan but
I cant get it to work.

When I try to change mac-addr the way I think it should be done:
ifconfig eth0.120 hw ether 00:D0:B7:4C:92:89   answer is
SIOCSIFHWADDR: Operation not supported

I have no problem when I ping any of the interfaces from a computer on that
vlan. (vlan 100-vlan 100 ...)
 From one vlan I can ping it on the other( the one with the lowest
vlan-number). (vlan 120-vlan 100 )
But I cant reach it either from the router or when I ping the higher vlan.
(vlan 100-vlan 120 )

network is
router cisco 3640 with 100MB Vlan interface -- cisco 5000 switch -- cisco
2924XL enterprise -- my computer
Vlan is used all the way from the router to my computer.

Any ideas very welcome