List:       linux-vlan
Subject:    RE: [VLAN] 8139cp.c and VLAN Hardware Acceleration
From:       "Simon Talbot" <simont () nse ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-18 11:38:42

Ahhh, could well be the case -- should bean that if you use the original
cose, and choose a VLAN ID of something like 257 (0x0101) it should work
with the buggy version of the code.

I will apply your patch and re-enable hardware acceleration and see what
happens, will post to the list my findings when done (this is in service
in a large scale MPLS system so applying the patch and checking is kindo
of tricky !

Will keep you posted, thanks very much,

Simon

Simon Talbot MEng, ACGI
(Chief Engineer)
Net Solutions Europe Limited
Tel: 01206 216400
Fax: 01206 216420

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are private
and confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient(s), you must not read, copy or use the information
contained in any way. If you receive this email or any attachments in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +44
(01206) 216400.

Net Solutions Europe Limited accepts no responsibility for any loss or
damages whatsoever arising in any way from receipt or use of this e-mail
or any attachments. This e-mail is not intended to create legally
binding commitments on behalf of Net Solutions Europe Limited, nor do
its comments reflect the corporate views or policies of Net Solutions
Europe Limited.