List:       linux-vlan
Subject:    Re: [VLAN] Latest macvlan kernel patch - HELP
From:       Ben Greear <greearb () candelatech ! com>
Date:       2003-08-06 20:45:23

Kashyap Ashwin (Princeton Intern) wrote:
> Hi,
> I finally fixed up the the kernel patch posted  by Ben. It applied cleanly
> execpt it failed on pktgen.c, but since I am not using that at all, it is ok
> for now.
>
> I still have problems:
>
> # modprobe macvlan
> # ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
> # ./macvlan_config enable eth0
>
> // OK until now
>
> # ./macvlan_config info
> -eth0
> ioctl (GET_PORT_FLAGS): No such device

By the way, please subscribe to the mailing list so I don't have to keep manually
allowing your messages through.

Try creating a mac-vlan interface and then query it.  I'll also work on
a document to better describe the usage.

Also, I am starting trying to get it working on SMP..and I can verify the
existing locking has several errors...new patch as soon as I get it working
on SMP too.

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>