List:       linux-virtual-server
Subject:    Re: kernel 2.6.17.6 IPVS kernel: IPVS: ip_vs_wrr_schedule():
From:       Roberto Nibali <ratz () drugphish ! ch>
Date:       2007-02-14 23:03:39

> I have used LVS on the 2.4 kernel tree for quite some time with
> keepalived, the product has worked great.  Thank you to the LVS team!

Glad to hear that.

> I recently switched to new 64bit xeons with kernel 2.6.17.6 and I am now
> having some strange issues with LVS.
>
> Currently I am getting flooded in /var/log/messages with kernel: IPVS:
> ip_vs_wrr_schedule(): no available servers.

Means: either no RS are in the service pool or all RS are quiesced.

> However, running ipvsadm reports I have all of my real servers loaded
> into IPVS.
>
> I have 48 entries in the ipvsadm table, I am pasting one of them here:
>
> TCP  imap.mydomain.net:imap wrr persistent 300
>  -> localhost.localdomain:imap   Local   0      0          0
>  -> 10.0.5.56:imap               Route   0      0          0

Yes, but they all have weight zero (quiesced) and are thus no being
elected for service forwarding by the director. Something (health
check?) must have zeroed them.

> IPVS is also not functioning as you can imagine since it seems to think
> it has no real servers.
>
> I have seem some minor changes between 2.6.17.6 and 2.6.19.2 but nothing
> I can see that relates to any bugfixes, so by upgrading I do not think
> it would solve this problem.  Have I overlooked something?

Maybe something you log files?

> I have tried shutting off the real servers and let keepalived fail out
> of every service which results in the real servers being removed from
> ipvsadm. ...I have then re-activated the real servers which adds the
> real servers back in correctly to ipvsadm.  This did not fix the problem
> but keepalived appeared to be operating correctly. I have fixed the
> problem by killing keepalived and starting it back up.  Perhaps this
> unloads and loads the ipvs kernel module?

Unlikely, do the keepalived log files tell you something peculiar?

> I am also still working on the steps to reproducing this problem.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this?

Tons of times :).

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc