List:       linux-video
Subject:    GPIO C&T 69000 Programming
From:       Olivier Carmona <carmona () k-team ! com>
Date:       1999-11-26 16:53:58

Is there anyone that have succeeded in using the GPIO pins of the Chips
& Technologies 69000 under Linux ?

At first glance, it should be easily done with registers XR62 and XR63
of the C&T. XR62 sets the direction of the pins (input vs output) and
XR63 reads or sets pins. However, I failed in attempting to establish an
I2C protocol communication with a video decoder thru GPIO 2 and 3. All
I2C registers of my video decoder looks to be set to 0xff, i.e., every
pin reading returns 1.

This is not an hardware fault: the system works perfectly under DOS.
Nonetheless, the same DOS program that permits me to read the
I2C registers on DOS does not work on Windows 98. Under Windows 98, all
those registers seems also set to 0xff. I guess that the same phenomenon
occurs.

Thanks in advance for any input, guess or whatever.

--
Olivier Carmona