List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: KWintv & GRadio - Can't Control volume - Please help.
From:       Keith M Wesolowski <theman () cs ! unr ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-22 18:29:57

mpalczew@u.washington.edu wrote:

> which ever line it is comming on into your sound card should be the
> mixer setting you should tell kwintv and gradio control.

GRadio, at least, only manipulates volume via v4l. That is, it doesn't
manipulate your sound card settings, and that isn't going to change. If the
radio device supports volume changes (like the radiotracks and others) then
volume controls will work. If the device doesn't support those controls,
then you should use a sound device mixer like xmmix or whatever to change
the volume.

--
Keith Wesolowski		         (work) theman@cs.unr.edu
(office) LME 314                         (web) fallout.cs.unr.edu