List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: [video4linux] PixelView PlayTV bt848
From:       Marcel Wijlaars <marcelw () wfw ! wtb ! tue ! nl>
Date:       1998-08-10 7:29:57

Nicholas J Kreucher wrote:

> hello all. i just bought a PixelView PlayTV card and am trying to get it
> working with the bttv driver. The card looks OK in /proc/pci and the actual
> driver loads up w/o errors (it resports it as being a Miro card) but nothing
> will tune in. i use ntsc and nysc-cable (in USA) and can get very little and
> very static sound from a few channels - black screen.

I had about the same problem. I have to set the vidmem option with the bttv driver
before I got a clear TV pictures.

> i can not get the xtvscreen to compile and have not found a binary so i have
> been using xawtv.

Do a ftpsearch for xtvscreen and it will come up with a binary.

> I have a Matrox G100 8MB AGP video card and also a VooDoo2 card (working) but
> could not get the glidetv to compile either. are there binaries of tghese
> anywhere?

To get the glide tv to compile you have to update the glidetv code so it can use
the video4linux API. I have compiled it and it can tune to the channels xtvscreeen
uses. The problem is it only produces sound, no visuals. Something goes wrong with
the overlay I guess.

> i looked  on the card and it has a bt848akpf chip and two freq. chips
> which are 35.46895 and 28.63636. also it has a philips tuner but there was
> no other markings on the tuner for model etc. can anyone help ?

The tuner I don't know about but did you try to get visuals of the video channel?

marcelw