List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: [video4linux] multiple opens/VfW
From:       david <david () kalifornia ! com>
Date:       1998-07-29 19:54:04

Reply to mail from Alex Bakaev about [video4linux] multiple opens/VfW
> I appreciate the explanation. Don't think it's really useful to have
> more than one app talking to the same capture HW at once though.

sure it does.  atm it is more of a convenience, but i have frequently
wanted to test different capture programs at once, watch in one, capture
in another, etc, etc.

for example, one program may be fantastic for viewing but have no decent
snapshot capability.  the other may really suck for viewing convenience
but support a dozen compression methods.

and don't forget the multihead people that are semi-sharing a computer.
..don't want a neck cramp because you have to view the screen that is in
front of your buddy instead.

:)

-d
--
Look, look, see Windows 98.  Buy, lemmings, buy!
(c) 1998 David Ford.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

Caution: all email sent to this domain is automatically added to mine and
         a growing network of blacklist using providers.  don't spam me!
         instead, reverse this and email me [com dot kalifornia at david]
         (local users enjoy automatic rewrites)