List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] New API spec
From:       Bill Dirks <dirks () rendition ! com>
Date:       1998-07-24 20:37:46

Hello, everybody discussing the API spec.

I had a lot of ideas about what I would like to see added or changed in
the spec based on my experience, and I started writing it down. But
because of all the recent activity on this list, now its turning into a
rewrite of most of the spec.

I am eagerly soaking up all the suggestions and comments people are
posting and trying to incorporate all of it together in a consistent
way. Including streaming capture, capture-to-frame buffer, compression,
select, and more. I am trying to keep it simple so it's easy and fun to
use and program, but still have it be full-featured, scalable and
extensible.

I hope to make it available in the next couple days. I could not attempt
to define everything, but I hope to create a basis with everything
assembled together that we all can flesh out.

Alan, is there a deadline for when we should have the new spec hammered
down?

Bill.