List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: saa7134 and Tevion MD 9717
From:       Gavin McCullagh <gmccullagh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-27 21:09:30

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, hermann pitton wrote:

> these cards have no eeprom and we don't know subvendor and subdevice,
> such all come up with 1131:0000.

Fair enough.

> What I believe is that you try with a s-video cable, which has in truth
> only the composite over s-video signal, which we find almost always
> connected to vmux = 0.

I'm not at the machine at the minute, but this does sound about right.

> The first good thing is, that you have discovered a buglet for that
> input on the Tevion MD9717, I'll prepare a fix for it. The others inputs
> are correct.

Great.

> Real s-video input for card=88 Tevion/Kworld 220RF was added only very
> recently. If you are not on v4l-dvb from mercurial or on some 2.6.24-rc,
> you are using in fact composite over s-video input on that card too.

I'm using 2.6.22 from ubuntu, so I won't have that support.

> Further I believe, that you might have a Tevion/Kworld card that was
> sold in the UK and we have as card=59. You would have to add a s-video
> input too, if you have such a signal for testing, most likely on vmux 8
> or 7.

It was sold in an Aldi or Lidl (can't recall) in Ireland which while not
the UK is a very nearby market and likely to have similar stock.

> In fact we used that entry then for testing on a newer Kworld/Tevion
> cards with new tuner types and separate TEA5767HN silicon radio tuner,
> also first seen in the UK, but that is another story.
>
> You might have a look at the http://www.bttv-gallery.de
> I think your card is undocumented, the others are there.

I'll see if I can pluck it out of the machine and take a photo.

> What tuner are you using or better, has it? Does radio work? Is there a
> remote with the card? Looks like.

The radio does work.  There was a remote with it (which I never use, but
anyway).  When you ask what tuner, you mean a chip on-board, right?

> BTW, there is an insmod option audio_clock_override.
> (README.saa7134, "modinfo saa7134")
>
> Card=5 uses an NTSC tuner and you have a saa7134 chip ...

I am using PAL.

> The MD9717 is only known to me without external audio mux chip and
> without remote and only with a Philips FM1216/I -hm tuner=5 so far.
> Also was never seen with different init gpio yet, but that card in the
> UK at least once, got no further feedback that time.

I'm able to get sound from it using alsa or oss or alternatively take an
audio line out.

I guess I'd better get a camera to it and give you some more info.

> For now we know only, that you seem to have some tuner with old Philips
> tuner API.

So, what information should I provide to get you fully up to speed on this
card?  A photo apparently, list of chips?  Anything else?

Gavin