List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: Support for Medion CTX953
From:       hermann pitton <hermann-pitton () arcor ! de>
Date:       2007-08-12 23:45:22

Hello Ben,

Am Samstag, den 11.08.2007, 00:37 +0200 schrieb Benjamin Adler:
> Am Freitag, 10. August 2007 23:53 schrieb hermann pitton:
> > look at the patch.
>
> Ouch. I'm sorry, I looked at the patch in KDEs kompare, which made it easy for
> me to miss the second patched file :(
>
> > If you did the edit manually, for DVB-T you have to change the tuner
> > address in saa7134-dvb.c in the tiger_s config to 0x60 (is 0x61)
> > manually too for further testing. Analog does detect it.
>
> I can watch DVB-T now. Due to the cheap (passive) antenna and its bad
> reception, I can hardly get a fluent picture, but it does seem to work. Just
> the two lines:
>
> tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
> tda1004x: found firmware revision 26 -- ok
>
> are seldomly repeated in dmesg, thats it. When I replace the DVB-T antenna
> with the tv-cable for testing the analog part and start KDETVs channel scan
> (europe-west), it doesn't find anything. dmesg then has 500 of the following
> lines appended:
>
> saa7133[0]: dsp access error
>
> greetings,
> ben

after your pictures of the card in the AverTV DVB-T Super 007 thread,
I have some doubts if it has analog radio at all. The likely 5.5MHz
ceramic filter seen on the fuzzy picture of the other version is gone.
Is analog radio announced at all?

Hmm, we can do a test for analog, just to say we have tried that too.
Do a cold boot, 30 seconds no power connected, make sure only card=5
tuner=54 is loaded, means we don't touch any gpio, nothing. (default
card=0 doesn't any changes too, so don't need card=5 in modprobe.conf)

Enable debug=1 for tuner. Load the europe-west list and try to switch to
some known channels. The tda8275ac1 would report "has lock" in dmesg,
even you see only a black picture, if tuning is successful. I don't
expect it in the first place ...

The other reason for card=5 is that it is identical to the Creatix
md7134 card=12, except without eeprom detection for some tuners.

I expect that you can verify the Composite and S-Video input if you
should have anything to test on it.

How it looks, the card has no analog audio out.
You need to modprobe saa7134-alsa and check dmesg which dsp and mixer
device it gets assigned. Sound comes from PCM then. Try accordingly

sox -c 2 -s -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp -w -r 32000 /dev/dsp

during testing on these inputs.

Greetings,
Hermann