List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: what are duplicate frames and gerenal questions about capture
From:       Thierry Merle <thierry.merle () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-07-30 14:27:59

Hi,

Nicola Berndt a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> basically I am writing to this list, because I am looking for some
> explanation for what exactly are "duplicate frames" wich I sometimes
> stumble across.
> Further I am looking for a simple capture application wich will write
> either uncompressed avi files or tga files without dropping a frame.
> The latter is very important for me and I never got any application to
> not drop frames, though I tested various platforms up to a core2 duo
> machine. All this under Linux from scratch wich I experience as a very
> good performer (so far..).
>
> I tried mencoder/mplayer, ffmpegs capture part and some others, mostly
> without sound just to make sure..

I tried a long time ago mencoder and I experienced the same problem:
"Skipping frame!" and "1 duplicate frame(s)!" messages.
I could get rid of these messages by deactivating the audio encoding
part of the video (try -oac copy) or by using transcode :)
Perhaps some mplayer configuration can cope with this.
> Any hints?
>
> Best regards,
> ../nico

Cheers,