List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: Any hope to make the Fusion RT Gold remote work?
From:       "Chaogui Zhang" <czhang1974 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-25 15:00:10

On 7/23/07, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org> wrote:

> Chaogui Zhang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible at all to get the remote of the Fusion HDTV 5
> RT
> > Gold work in the cx88 driver. As far as I can tell, it is not supported
> > yet.
> > Any information will be appreciated. I am prepared to do some
> > hacking/testing if necessary, but I would love to hear some suggestions
> on
> > how to start that from the experts.
>
> This is on my to-do list -- I just haven't gotten to it yet.  To my
> surprise,
> you are the first user to ask about the FusionHDTV 5 RT Gold remote
> controller.
> Due to lack of community interest, I held this particular task as very low
> priority. But, now that you ask about it, I can try to do it a bit sooner
> than
> later.
>
> If you'd like to try it yourself, let me know... If you get it working,
> I'll be
> happy to test your patch and apply it to the development tree.  There is
> information about how to program remote controls on the v4lwiki.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking through the code for cx88/saa7134
remote in the source tree the last couple of days. The wiki page on
programming remote controls did not go into a whole lot of details. If you
will be so kind and help me understand a few more points regarding the
remote control interface, I will give a try to get the remote working. If it
turns out to be way beyond me, then I will patiently wait for you to get
around to work on this.

I believe that the card uses an ir receiver located at 0x6f , and that it
> uses
> standard rc5 codes...  That's really all that I can say about this...

I  have been assuming the address 0x6f you gave above is an i2c address.
When I run
i2cdetect on the i2c bus of the cx88 card, I see a chip identified at 0x6f
besides stuff like tuner/eeprom at other addresses.

Am I going in the right direction or am I completely in the dark? The only
other places in the source tree where I see address used for remote is for
ir->sampling. Some boards simply has ir->sampling set to 1 while a few
boards have ir->sampling set to something like 0xeb04 with a comment like /*
address */.

I will probably have more questions later, but before I go too far, I would
like some assurance/correction on what I am doing. Thanks again!

--
Chaogui Zhang