List:       linux-video
Subject:    xawtv webcam trigger
From:       "Damian Lajos Brasher" <dbrasher () interlinux ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-07-25 10:24:10

Hi

I am using the webcam utility successfully but do not understand fully how
the trigger function works. Can anyone explain how I can use the trigger
function to reduce the number of images I upload to my server from the
webcam utility - currently every five seconds .webcamrc below. I can see
in the C listing:

..console/webcam.c

has a function: compare_images(...);{...} line 517

with some computation involving and average a differential and a maximum.
Is anyone able to explain in more detail the mathematics?

.webcamrc
[ftp]
    host = 233.16.184.89
    user = webcam
    #pass = xxx
    dir = webcam
    file = webcam.jpg
    tmp = uploading.jpeg
    passive = 0
    debug = 3
    auto = 0
    local = 0
    ssh = 1

[grab]
    device = /dev/video0
    text = interlinux cctv %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
    #infofile = filename
    fg_red = 255
    fg_green = 255
    fg_blue = 255