List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: Non-X v4l tools?
From:       Douglas Bagnall <douglas () paradise ! net ! nz>
Date:       2005-12-08 9:00:17

hermann pitton wrote:

> I'm waiting for the question how one could display its results on a
> machine without X. Stream it ...

mplayer works with the vesa video output, but needs superuser rights.

sudo mplayer -vo vesa tv:// -tv driver=v4l2...

There is also -vo svga and -vo cvidix, which don't work for me, and
-vo aa for ascii art.

With regard to the original question, you can set input and do some
other things through mplayer's -tv option.

douglas