List:       linux-video
Subject:    Adding IR Remote to cx23880 based Avermedia PCI 550
From:       "Michael Fair" <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2005-09-04 18:24:54

I've been working on the IR Remote for this card.

I'm getting no where and really slowly.  I'm hoping that anyone here
could help me get pointed in the right direction.

cx88-input.c seems to address GPIO based IR inputs.

I've tried several combinations of GPIO ports and sampling versus polling
settings all to no avail.  I get the "IR Remote Control registered" message
in syslog but I never see any messages in response to IR activity.

I stole the Avermedia DBVT IR codes mapping table from ir-kbd-gpio.c
because it seemed to have almost all the same buttons as my remote and
is from Avermedia so I figured that would be my best bet.

Also, I think my card is an i2c based remote anyway, so I think I'm not even
taking the right approach.

Here are the clues I have:
1) There is an unknown device at i2c port 0x40 when using i2cscan
2) RegSpy under Windows shows absolutely nothing different when I use the remote

Help!? :)

Is it GPIO or i2c?
How can I know if I've got the right settings but wrong IR decoding map?
How can I tell the drivers to try and treat i2c port 0x40 as an IR remote and
just see what happens?

What else can I do?
It's an Avermedia UltraTV Media Center PCI 550
It's a blackbird card and I don't think the patches for the card itself have made
it into CVS yet.

Thanks,
-- Michael --