List:       linux-video
Subject:    A few xawtv questions
From:       Rick Miles <rickfrm () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-05-22 22:18:34

I have my fusion dvb-t plus card set up on slack-10.1 with 2.6.11.9 patched
and doing what it is supposed to do.

I can view local broadcast (Melb/Australia) stations with tzap then dvbstream
to an mpg file on hardrive then can view with something like kaboodle or
noatune. Reception is good.

My next step is to get xawtv working. I have compiled/installed xawtv-4.pre
and card is recognised. I've fiddled around a bit but I not sure if I have
things right.

(1) in .tv/options all I have are
"[global]
freqtab = australia
use-xext-opengl = false
use-xext-xvideo = false"
should rhere be more, is there a sample/explanation somewhere?

(2) .tv/stations is empty. Should it be, if not do I edit manually or are
entries made by xawtv?

(3)When xawtv is opened there is an error message saying xvideo is missing, is
this a problem, I still get a xawtv 4 display? the error message is:
"This is xawtv 4.0-pre, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.11.9)
Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0"."

(4) After adding station I can set it for viewing but get audio plus message
saying can't play video stream. Is this beacuse of xvideo missing error ir is
this something else, if not xvideo problem how do I troubleshoot?

(5) Does xawtv control devices/processes? If so should they close/stop when
xawtv shuts down?

Any help would be welcome. TIA

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Pungenday, the 70th of Discord, 3171
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/