List:       linux-video
Subject:    question to ir-kbd-i2c.c
From:       Hendrik Muhs <Hendrik.Muhs () web ! de>
Date:       2004-12-15 8:50:37

Hi,

I try to add support for a Leadtek PVR 2000 remote.

By coincidence I found out the i2c address for the IR receiver (see my last
mail).

I was able to change the get_key function so that I find out all keycodes for
the remote. But I have two problems:

The i2c address is the same as on a hauppauge card (0x18) but the "get_key"
function and the remote keycodes are different. To distinguish between the
two cards I need another attribute. Maybe it is possible to use the subvendor
(pci) ids. But I do not know if reading them is possible within the
"ir_attach" function. Or is there a better way to do this?

Second: The key code repeats after the button was pressed, meaning it repeats
until another one is pressed. so maybe there is another address for key
pressed/not pressed or I have to clear the address. Any idea on this?

Hendrik