List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: more information on WinTV Go card
From:       James Jones <jamesjones01 () mchsi ! com>
Date:       2004-09-29 3:55:48

OK, now I'm confused.

I thought that perhaps the WinTV card was defective, judging by the
bizarre block of colored rectangles (I'd say they were Mondrian-like,
but they're too uniform) that shows under tvtime.

This morning I tried zapping, told it to import data from my .xawtv
file--and got audio, but no video. Tonight, I tried zapping, not
changing a blessed thing--and got a great image, good color, no problem.
OK, is it an intermittent hardware problem? Don't think so; zapping
still gives the freaky display on the right hand side of the window.

So...I infer from this that bttv is working well, once the tuner=39
option is explicitly used...but I wonder what difference(s) among the
various programs cause the very different results.

    James