List:       linux-video
Subject:    Re: Leadtek Winfast 2000XP Expert
From:       hermann pitton <hermann.pitton () web ! de>
Date:       2004-09-27 17:14:05

andrej@paradise.net.nz schrieb:
> Quoting hermann pitton <hermann.pitton@web.de>:
>

>>_needs radio_ first is a known issue for the XP Expert and was
>>just mentioned again here. Maybe there is a slight hope, because
>>I just saw that Torsten Seeboth at DScler writes, that it is
>>important for this card to write to GPIO3 first, what can be tried
>>by bringing GPIO3 on top in the cards config.
>
> I've seen a reference by Torsten regarding the
> Winfast as well, with different settings in cx88-cards.c
> ... I recompiled with that which cause the card to misbehave
> badly. Module failed to load, and even after a reboot the
> original modules didn't want to load (yes, I did a depmod -a
> each time ;}) ... it only came straight after I powered the
> box down and ripped the card out and relugged it... odd :}

The only thing that I can imagine is you found this here:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg09927.html

That was the first feedback for an XP Expert Pal _at all_ at a point where
nobody could have foreseen the gpio settings there. It's half a year old and
marked as in evaluation process.
To try it out might be a good exercise to get an idea of what others have gone
through to get that stuff working ;). Even that was only off by 3 bits.

The latest I can remember then was here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg11150.html
and the following reply from Torsten that he now has a user with the Pal
variant working nicly with the Ntsc GPIOs. Game over :)

And guess also a look into cx88-cards.c and CX2388xCard_Types.cpp would mean
one exciting experience less then. However, AFAIK it is not related to the
above, since we are all using the same settings for long now, except this gpio3
first.

By all means, with that card I'd be interested in :)

Greetings,
Hermann