List:       linux-video
Subject:    basic help needed with km
From:       Phill Lowe <phill () eskimo ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 6:29:17

I am trying to get km compiled and running on a very stock RedHat 9 machine
with a mach64 video card.  I would like
to use it to grab frames.   Reading the Gatos page on sourceforge is not
necessily enlightening.  From what is said there, I should be able to
download the km module and install it in the kernel.  I chose not to use
the unstable version and I find that I get a single file.  It looks like
the driver source code but I haven't figured out how to get it to
compile.  I'm not even sure where to put it in the source tree as the make
files for the drivers don't know about it anyway.

Does any one have any documentation along the level of the kernel-howto
that would show me how to get the video driver installed and at least be
able to view video on the screen?

Thanks