List:       linux-via
Subject:    Game port not enabled (bug/misconfiguration).
From:       Jeremy Fixemer <jeremydfix () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-11 4:33:53

This may have been answered a thousand times, but
Google has turned up nothing :-(.

Can the onboard game port be enabled?  It kinda looks
like I might be able to do it with
CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX_PROCFS  and then turn on the
gameport bit.  Is that right? or is there a better
way?  Can I add the bitmask into via82cxxx_audio.c
(in like the reset or init functions) without enabling
the PROCFS?

Using Mandrake 8.2 with K7VZA MB and AMD Duron 950.
Note Mandrakes CONFIG file template doesn't have the
CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX_PROCFS variable, hence I would
prefer a patch to turn it on.

Thanks