List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] Card reader gives "READ CAPACITY failed",
From:       Alan Stern <stern () rowland ! harvard ! edu>
Date:       2006-04-22 15:05:29

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Rollo Gleeson wrote:

> Hello Alan,
>
> Just checking - did you see my reply to your message below, containing my
> USB debug output? It's at
> http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=114487585622782&w=2
>
> Sorry to pester you. Perhaps you're on holiday! In any case whenever you
> have a moment I would really appreciate any ideas you may have to get this
> solved. Even if it is just to say I need new hardware!

I should have gotten back to you earlier.  Unfortunately I don't know very
much about the SDDR-09, so I can't tell exactly what's wrong from the
debugging output you posted.

At this stage, the best thing you could do would be to go back to an
working kernel version, like 2.6.13, and repeat the same test with the
same debugging options configured on.  Comparing the output from the
working and non-working kernels ought to help pinpoint any problems.

Alan Stern