List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Problems with full speed devices on High speed USB 2.0 hubs
From:       Karl Hiramoto <karl () hiramoto ! org>
Date:       2005-08-31 16:21:42

Alan Stern wrote:

>More likely your problem comes from plugging full-speed devices into a hub
>running at high speed.  Try "rmmod ehci-hcd" so that everything is forced
>to run at full speed, and see if that helps.
>
>Alan Stern

Is there more documentation somewhere on this problem of full speed
devices on a high speed hub on any site?  I have had issues both in
Linux and windows when running many full speed devices into a high speed
hub.  What we have done to fix it was replace the high speed hub with a
full speed one.  In windows we also noticed if you disabled the EHCI
problems went away too.   I'll have to give the  "rmmod ehci-hcd" in
linux a try now too. Thanks!

--

---
Karl Hiramoto <karl@hiramoto.org>