List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Re: device descriptor read/64, error -110
From:       Matteo Faleschini <Matteo.Faleschini () fisica ! unimi ! it>
Date:       2005-04-25 13:23:25

After writing my mail I noticed another message in this mailing list
pointing out the same problem for the same hardware.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/usb/msg03531.html

Just aftwer I connect my external case with lsusb I read
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0928:0000 Oxford Semiconductor, Ltd
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c219 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

It seems a Oxford Semiconductor 928.
But after a few secs the device is unregistered with the error I shown in
the
previous mail.

I already tried to put a longer delay for the reset in hub.c
                case 0:
                        /* TRSTRCY = 10 ms */
                        msleep(10);

changing 10 in 100

and with old_scheme_first - N and Y

I also tried with another hardware (a lacie external hd) and it
works with a 2.4.21 kernel bot it doesn't work on the 2.6.11 kernel.
The error is the same.