List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Visor on EHCI
From:       Benjamin Long <bflong () longbros ! com>
Date:       2004-12-31 18:11:04

Greetings all!

	I've got a strange problem with my Dell 600m laptop. Along with the
laptop I got the D/Port Port replicator. The port replicator seems to
have a USB hub in it, which attaches to the EHCI bus. With the D/Port
attached Usbview shows this: (I hope the ascii graphics come though)

|-UHCI Host Controller
|-UHCI Host Controller
|-UHCI Host Controller
--EHCI Host Controller

  -hub

    -USB Receiver (this is my wireless mouse)

When I plug my Treo 90 into the D/Port's USB port, the visor module
shows up on the hub on the EHCI Host Controller. If I undock the laptop
and plug it into one of the ports on it, the visor module shows up on
one of the UHCI Host controller. As long as the visor module attaches to
a UHCI host, I have no problems with it. If it attaches to the EHCI one,
I cannot communicate with it. Dmesg shows this:

usb 1-6.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 23
visor 1-6.2:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 1-6.2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 1-6.2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
visor ttyUSB1: visor_open - failed submitting interrupt urb, error -28

When plugged into the laptop, I get this, with a working Treo:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
visor 3-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 3-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 3-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1

I'm running Fedora Core 3, with a custom built (from vanilla source)
2.6.10 kernel. I'm hoping there is a fix for this because I cant get to
the ports on the laptop when the D/Port is attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Benjamin Long