List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Philips-Nike psa128max MP3 player
From:       "Daryn W Hanright" <Daryn.W.Hanright () nz ! mwhglobal ! com>
Date:       2004-07-27 0:51:12

Hi

A friend of mine has just brought a Philips-Nike psa128max MP3 player. So
the most obvious question is "Does it work under Linux?". Searched google &
found someone who had posted this message to the linux-usb-devel list...

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6958901

It seems as of Jan 2004, noone has been able to get this working under
Linux. I think I know the answer to this question, but has anybody been
successful in getting it to work? From reading the thread above, it looks
like Philips are using some propriety code (non standard). The FAQ on their
website about the MP3 player empathically says it only works under Windows
& Mac

Anyway, if someone has had some luck perhaps let me know

cheers
Daryn