List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] kernel oops using ide-usb converter
From:       Alan Stern <stern () rowland ! harvard ! edu>
Date:       2004-07-07 19:06:47

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Guilherme Destefani wrote:

> Using a usb-ata converter, on a Linux smeagol.perkons.com.br 2.6.6-1.435
> #1 Mon Jun 14 09:09:07 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.
>
> First the device was attached, then mounted a vfat filesystem on sda1.
> vfat panic because of the SCSI error : <0 0 0 0> return code = 0x6000000
> vfat has unmounted, the device was unplugged and plugged back again,
> then the oops take place.
>
> If needed, I can make further tests.

There's not much we can do directly about the vfat panic, but the oops has
been fixed in the most recent 2.6.7 kernels.

If you want to find out why those SCSI errors occurred, you can try
turning on the usb-storage debugging option in your kernel configuration.
That will put a lot of information in the system log showing what happened
with each command.

Alan Stern