List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] USB 2 External HD - Random Disconnects
From:       Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi () libertysurf ! fr>
Date:       2004-04-19 18:29:08

Le jeu 15/04/2004 à 13:07, Oliver Strutynski a écrit :
> I have seen some similar reports on this list and the newsgroups and tried to
> apply the patch previously posted to usb-devel (change size of transfers to
> 64K, .maxsectors=128 in scsiglue.c), with no effect (it seems, as if the
> device even disconnects faster).

Just my 2 cents, but as I understand it the patch is just intended for
use with devices using Genesys chips. I don't know about yours (lsusb
should tell you if it does)...
Besides, I think the patch has been included in 2.6.5 (see the #IF
GENESYS section in scsigule.c), so if your 2.6.5 kernel doesn't work the
problem has to be somewhere else.
Sorry I'm not a bigger help :-(

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi@libertysurf.fr>