List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Any difference of USB floppy driver between kernel 2.4 and 2.6?
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2004-04-07 17:24:54

Hi,

I connected SONY USB floppy to my redhat machine (kernel 2.4), when I
use "mount /dev/sda" command, the light of USB floppy drive will be
turned on for a while. After I moved my kernel to Fedora 2 test 2
version, when I use the same command, the light never come on. How can I
use command to make light on for a while in 2.6? I found that if I plug
in a new USB floppy drive, the light will be turned on for a while, how
can I use command or other thing to deal with USB floppy drive to make
light on even there is no floppy disk there?

Thanks.

Rocky