List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] How to make USB floppy drive light on if there is no floppy disk?
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2004-04-06 22:21:35

Hi,

I'm currently use submount (http://submount.sourceforge.net) to manage
my removable USB floppy drives. In redhat kernel, I just use "ls"
command to make the floppy drive light on even there is no floppy disk.
Now I'm moving my stuff to Fedora 2 (I'm now use Fedora test 2 version),
when I use "ls" or "mount" command, the light of USB floppy drive will
never come on. But it works well with internal floppy drive.

Is there any command or small application I can use to make the USB
floppy light on for a while even there is no floppy disk in the drive?

Thanks.

Rocky