List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Need Help work around for usb 2.0 protocol error
From:       "Ulrich Muehlmann" <merlin1974 () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-03-30 14:31:36

Hi,

I do driver development for linux usb devices. Focused on my problem doing
heavy bulk in-out transfers using usb 2.0 hi-speed interface.

Sometimes my urb does not finnish correctly. It returns protocol error (on
linux show as -EPROTO or as value -71). If this error is fired the device will
be disconnected from the stack by the usb-core module and later on it will
be reconnected again (information: linux kernel 2.6.0).

due to this behavior my driver module cannot reset the pipe or resubmit urbs
because it will be disconnected by the usb-core.

But I must handle this error to prevent my application to be terminated. How
can I work around this problem.

millim