List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Booting a MemoryBird from a VIA Eden board
From:       lanas () t-online ! de (lanas)
Date:       2003-09-29 20:47:12

Hi everyone,

  I'm trying to make a Fujitsu/Siemens 256M MemoryBird USB stick boot
from a VIA Eden board.  This board has USB-ZIP and USB-FDD options, as
well as USB Keyboard enable and general USB On Chip enable. I copied a
small Linux system on the device.  Same system can boot from a
partition.  My problem is with formatting the device itself so it can be
booted.  I'm using Lilo and I did some tries also with syslinux (has a
DOS floppy over which linux files are copied), but to no avail so far.

Has anyone made this before so I can maybe benefit from some pointers ?

Thanks.