List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Usb hard disk dosen't work
From:       "Daniele Zanatta" <daniele.zanatta () fastwebnet ! it>
Date:       2003-09-24 12:46:19

Hi all,
 I have a problem whit my usb hard disk,
 First i give my configuration
 Athlon xp 2400
 Asus A7N266-VM (Motherboard)
 D-link ethernet card
 Primary master hd Maxtor 80 Gb whit linux
 Primary slave hd Maxtor 40 Gb Winxp pro
 Cd Writer Waitec Saurus
 The usb Hd is a Maxtor 60 Gb into a box manufactured by
 "Digitus accessories".
 Linux Red Hat 9 (kernel vers. 2.4.20-20.9).

 The problem is one : when i plug my harddisk in, Linux "freeze" and i
 cannot move nothing (mouse,keyboard ecc.),
 I have tryed to boot my s.o. whit alt+ctrl+f2 and i have give the
 command line tail -f /var/log/messages (logged as root) but he haven't
 give me message cause i have plug my hard disk in and the system freeze
 whit no message.
 This hard disk work great whit windows and also whit my mac(OS X
 10.1.5).
 I have 50 Gb of data that is foundamental for my work

I have postedagain cause no one has give me a sign, i guess that the problem
is a bug in the kernel.. somenone can help me?? tanks