List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Do I need write a device driver?
From:       "Qiu ZhongLe" <snow2moutain () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-07-23 2:04:32

Hello EveryOne:
    When I plugged in My device(HID-class),the system(version2.4.18) can
detect it,and I can find my device at "/proc/bus/usb/devices" ,I even wrote
a program which can open it and print the
vendor and product information.But I do need to exchange data between
device and host,
I think I should use "usb_submit_urb()" to transfer data.
   Do I need to write a device driver?
   Can I read data and write data without my own driver? I mean ,maybe I
only need write
a read/write function.
   Thanks and Best Regards!
 Qiu ZhongLe