List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Re: Ezonics EZ USB CamII (must be a new version)
From:       Mark McClelland <mark () alpha ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 14:26:27

Stephen J. Gowdy wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>	Just to let you know that the latest version of your driver (
>ov511 1.50)  works with this camara.

Thank you for letting me know. I have updated my cameras page with this
info.

>Looking back in the archive this device musy have changed, it used to use the CPiA driver.

That's correct. I suspect that CPiA chips are no longer being produced.

>I still use
>kernel 2.4.8 though (my laptop doesn't always come back from suspend with
>any later 2.4 kernel) and had to make this change;

<snip>
Thanks for catching this so quickly! You must have downloaded this only
a few minutes after I released it. I fixed the problem and refreshed the
1.50 archive.

>After upgrading I get;
>
>usb.c: deregistering driver ov511
>ov511.c: driver deregistered
>usb.c: registered new driver ov511
>ov511.c: USB OV511+ camera found
>ov511.c: model: Generic Camera (no ID)
>ov511.c: i2c write retries exhausted
>ov511.c: i2c write: error -1
>ov511.c: Sensor is an OV6620
>ov511.c: Device registered on minor 0
>ov511.c: v1.50 : OV511 USB Camera Driver
>ov511.c: VIDIOCMCAPTURE: invalid format (5)

The i2c write error is just a normal part of the detection process, BTW.
You can ignore it. The invalid format error also harmless (xawtv is
probing the available image formats)

<snip>

>Thanks!! BTW, I just bought this camera without really expecting
>it to work. It was $29.99 from Fry's in Palo Alto and comes with a $20
>mail-in rebate.

I'm glad it works for you. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

--
Mark McClelland
mmcclell@bigfoot.com