List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] a Problem
From:       Erik Steffl <steffl () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-12-27 21:24:27

Steve Glines wrote:

> I'm new at this. I'm trying to compile a module and when I do a modprob
> I get (among other errors):
> /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers/usb/ov511.o: unresolved symbol
> video_unregister_device_R2330df79

  most probably you are missing:

  another module - look where the missing fucntion is defined, you
probably need that particular module

  some other kernel option - basically same as above, try to find the
missing function and see which particular kenrel configuration option
causes it to be compiled in (e.g. for sound support you have to say you
want sound support)

  version mismatch - make sure that you compile the module against same
kernel headers that the kernel itself is compiled against (the inlcude
subtree in kernel source).

	erik