List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] Need help getting my HP CD burner to work
From:       Brad Hards <bhards () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-11-28 7:30:13

Mike Keithley wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Brad Hards wrote:
>
> -The exact option is from this line in linux/drivers/usb/Config.in:
> -   dep_mbool '    HP CD-Writer 82xx support' CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_HP8200e
> -$CONFIG_USB_STORAGE $CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
> That line is there in drivers/usb/Config.in exactly as you said.  So where
> do I define $CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL ?  Config.in behaves as if it's already
> defined.  Sorry, wich I knew more!
What do you mean "Config.in behaves as if it's already defined"? Do you get
that option presented to you, or not?

The CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL variable is the first option in menuconfig "Code
Maturity Level Options", as "prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers". It is literally the first option you get to use.

Note: This is really pretty basic stuff. Please read the kernel documentation
with your tarball, and the documentation which you can find on
http://www.linuxdoc.org, before asking this sort of question.

Brad