List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] usb-uhci problem
From:       "Masoodur Rahman" <rmasoodu () in ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-11-26 17:44:08

--=_alternative 001697D785256B11_=

hi ,
 I was not able to figure out how the packets coming to the usb device are
handed over to the USB device drivers through the usb-uhci interface .
   AFAICS, while sending the packets, it goes through
-->uhci_submit_urb()---->uhci_submit_xxx_urb()  (xxx->ctrl/bulk/iso/int)

In each of these routines Tds are allocates and filled and the URB gets
queued.
After this the host controller takes charge of putting them on the bus.
Is my understanding correct ???

What happens when a packet(bulk/isoc/control/interrupt) comes to the usb
device from the other side ??
What are the functions that gets called upto the point where it delivers
to the specific device driver ?? Does it start from uhci_interrupt ???

Thanks for any help.....
regrds

--=_alternative 001697D785256B11_=

coming to the usb device are handed over to the USB device drivers through the \
while sending the packets, it goes through \
--&gt;uhci_submit_urb()----&gt;uhci_submit_xxx_urb() \
&nbsp;(xxx-&gt;ctrl/bulk/iso/int)</font> <br>
the host controller takes charge of putting them on the bus.</font> <br><font size=2 \
face="sans-serif">Is my understanding correct ???</font> <br>
packet(bulk/isoc/control/interrupt) comes to the usb device from the other side \
upto the point where it delivers to the specific device driver ?? Does it start from \
uhci_interrupt ???<br> </font>
--=_alternative 001697D785256B11_=--