List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    [linux-usb-devel] HP 3400C USB Scanner
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () il ! linuxqa ! com>
Date:       2001-03-01 8:48:26

Hi All,

I just got yesterday an HP Scanjet 3400C colour scanner (for home)

My main machine is AMD 800 with Asus A7V board and most of the time (actually
95% of time) I run Linux on it, so naturally I'm interested to use the scanner
with Linux and SANE (which IMHO I think it's a great program)

I spend some reading in the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb and found a doc
which seems to be outdated (I think it was talking about 2.3.99pre6 kernel)
about some hacks that needed in order to use this scanner...

Is this situation (which appear on that doc) is up-to-date? has there been any
progress with the driver lately?

Thanks,
--
Hetz Ben Hamo