List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    [linux-usb-devel] Re: x10 cam usb interface
From:       "Lawrence Glaister" <lg () jfm ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2000-09-29 0:13:53

Hi Wes
I never heard a squeak.... the little usb video interface dongle is very
cute.... would be a nice tool to have working under linux for frame capture
as it has a generic RCA video input connector. I did take it apart and
looked at the chips inside, but never went any farther... a good exercise
for a cold winter night... I guess I'll have to get a usb card for my old
windows box and do some snooping of the usb protocol. It seems like about
the cheapest video digitizer I have seen. It is called xray vision and can
be ordered with some of their 2.4ghz color video cameras. The cameras work
surprisingly well... I bought the 3 pack on special and have them spread
around the house. It is quite neat to be able to call up the different
images on the TV in the bedroom... lets me keep an eye on what is happening
around the house without doing much more than pushing a button.

Lawrence Glaister VE7IT             email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
1462 Madrona Drive                  http://jfm.bc.ca
Nanoose Bay BC Canada
V9P 9C9