List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.4.0-test9-pre7 -- Weirdness in enumerating
From:       David Brownell <david-b () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-09-29 15:07:15

Good find Roman -- that sounds like it's the explanation.

> >         usb-ohci.c: bogus NDP=66 for OHCI usb-00:07.4
> >         usb-ohci.c: rereads as NDP=4
> >         usb-ohci.c: bogus NDP=91 for OHCI usb-00:07.4
> >         usb-ohci.c: rereads as NDP=4
> >         usb-ohci.c: bogus NDP=128 for OHCI usb-00:07.4
> >         usb-ohci.c: rereads as NDP=4
>
> This could be a 'feature' of the AMD 756 D2:

D2 being a chip revision; D4 (current rev since at least May)
allegedly fixes it.

Workarounds noted include applying a BIOS update or a new OHCI
driver from Microsoft ... :-)

Before we put the diagnostic ("bogus NDP...") in, we used
to see Oopsing.  Do we have any bad symptoms associated with
this failure any more, other than the diagnostic?

- Dave