List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    [linux-usb-devel] Downloadable firmware and devices
From:       "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-29 20:03:26

Hello!
Would someone please either correct this assertion, or more probably refute it?
And it is "Devices such as serial to USB converters which support
downloadable firmware normally need specialty tools to do that no
longer need these tools under the 2.6 series of Kernels for Linux."

I am planning a series of projects concerning the Keyspan series of
devices and naturally I am looking to see if this original idea is now
a part of Linux's glorious past. For examples please see this webpage
that concern doing that, but not the physical side of how to do that,
http://www.hhhh.org/wiml/proj/keyspan.html and the disturbing thing is
that the code he describes for doing that is more emendable to the
other areas of FOSS not Linux.
--
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude