List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    Re: [linux-usb-devel] Writing big file failed when using usb gadget
From:       Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen () atmel ! com>
Date:       2007-06-29 8:45:04

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:14:24 +0800
Lonsn <lonsn2004@126.com> wrote:

> In
> the board side, kernel repeatedly printed following message every
> several seconds. "g_file_storage gadget: full speed config #1".
> What's wrong with it?

This usually means that the host gets confused about something the
board does and issues a bus reset.

In particular, I've seen Windows XP getting confused if it gets one or
more NAKs before a STALL. At least that's what I _think_ happened when
I tested this a few days ago. Tightening up the polling loop in
halt_bulk_in_endpoint() in file_storage.c seemed to help (i.e. removing
the call to msleep_interruptible.)

Btw, I mostly saw this happening during SCSI initialization, not actual
data transfer, and on a different controller (AT32AP7000.) But I
imagine STALLs may happen occasionally during data transfer as well?

Haavard