List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    Re: [linux-usb-devel] unusual_devs.h patch (fwd)
From:       Phil Dibowitz <phil () ipom ! com>
Date:       2007-03-30 5:42:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Joshua Church <sillyh4ck3r@gmail.com> wrote:

> patched against kernel 2.6.19.2 source

Joshua, sorry for the delay, I missed your original email somehow. Alan
pointed out that I never responded, so I'm finally getting back to you.

Regarding your patch, I have a few comments/questions:

1. You include both US_FL_FIX_CAPACITY and US_FL_IGNORE_RESIDUE. Are you
sure both flags are needed? The other Thomson player in unusual_devs only
needs US_FL_FIX_CAPACITY, and both flags are potentially harmful of not
needed... so if you haven't tested with each one by itself, I'd like to get
such a test.

2. Your patch doesn't follow the Documentation/SubmittingPatches guidelines.
If you'd like to resubmit with the proper format, that'd be great. If not,
I'll wait for your answers on #1, and create my own patch and just credit
you for the report.

Thanks!

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming