List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: UHCI resume probs in 2.6.10-rc2
From:       Stefan Rompf <srompf () isg ! de>
Date:       2005-05-05 18:24:43

Am Montag 25 April 2005 21:04 schrieb Alan Stern:

> > Ok. Let me know when you need a tester after 2.6.10.
>
> Stefan,
>
> I haven't forgotten your offer!

you must have either a good memory or a good email backlog ;-)

> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/usb-2.6.12-
>rc3.patch
>
> which will apply to 2.6.12-rc3 (obviously).  Would you like to try it out
> and let me know how it behaves?

I've tested with full speed and low speed devices, connected directly or to a
self powered USB 1.1 hub. On resume I get a

check_and_reset_hc: legsup = 0x2000
Performing full reset

for all three UHCI host controllers. Afterwards, EHCI restarts, hands over
ports, the devices are (re)detected by UHCI and work fine. As far as I
remember our conversation, that is what I need to expect due to the BIOS
completely powering down the USB subsystem.

The fact that devices vanish for a short time may irritate upper layers like
USB storage, but OTOH I can even connect and disconnect stuff during S3
successfully now.

Nice work!

Stefan