List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    [linux-usb-devel] Logitech MX 1000 mouse: problem (bug?) in evdev
From:       Sergey Udaltsov <sergey.udaltsov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-25 23:56:49

Hi all

I am trying to work with my mouse using the evdev device. And found
funny things about it. First of all, the mouse is said to have some
key (???), namely KEY_UNKNOWN. Also, the buttons which are supposed to
implement HWHEEL and generate EV_REL events - generate only the key
events instead - as keys 0x118 and 0x119(????). Basically, the report
on keys gives me this:

  Key  0xf0  (Specifically unknown)
  Key  0x110  (Left Button)
  Key  0x111  (Right Button)
  Key  0x112  (Middle Button)
  Key  0x113  (Side Button)
  Key  0x114  (Extra Button)
  Key  0x115  (Forward Button)
  Key  0x116  (Back Button)
  Key  0x117  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x118  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x119  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11a  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11b  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11c  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11d  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11e  (Unknown key)
  Key  0x11f  (Unknown key)

So, this is the stuff I see. It seems to be wrong. Is there any way to
tweak evdev (or input) module regarding these things?

Sergey

PS I don't even mention the funny LED capability. Overall, the capabilities are:

  Event type 0x00  (Unknown event type: 0x0000)
  Event type 0x01  (Keys or Buttons)
  Event type 0x02  (Relative Axes)
  Event type 0x11  (LEDs)
  Event type 0x14  (Repeat)