List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: (no subject) [OHCI initialization]
From:       "Jochen Karrer" <j.karrer () lightmaze ! com>
Date:       2004-08-30 7:30:11

Hi,

> > The problem that happens with NS9750 is that if you set HC to state
> > operational during reset is still in progress the NS9750 still pulls
> > down both data lines.
> > It then interprets the level on the data lines as a low speed device.
>
> That seems buglike ... it reports low-speed even when there's no
> D- pullup, and when the HC itself is pulling both signals down??

This is only my interpretation of the fact that it reports a low speed
device when the USBRESET state is not kept for at least 1004 us. Maybe it
only checks for Pullup on D+. The NS9750 has only a FULL/Low Speed host. And
I think in this case its enough to check D+ for Pullup.
Netsilicon normally integrates cores from other vendors into their
processors, so I think devices from some other vendors will behave the same.
Unfortunately I don't know which core they are using, but I suspect its from
"Mentor Graphics" (formerly Alcatel)

> What happens if you just disable that second reset; does
> the driver behave OK?

Yes It works perfectly without this second reset.

Jochen