List:       linux-usb
Subject:    Re: XHCI freezes, most up to date patches / tree ?
From:       Sander Eikelenboom <linux () eikelenboom ! it>
Date:       2010-09-30 20:28:08

Hi Andiry,

It seems i have narrowed down my problem a bit.
My system has 8Gb of ram, when i restrict the hypervisor to use only 4G the system \
doesn't freeze. When using the full 8Gb it does (although the guests never get more \
than 1G of mem)

When i compare the logs of the 2 cases i get in the guest with the xhci controller \
passed through to it:

When restricting to 4G:
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.078288] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer \
                error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.092653] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer \
                error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer \
                error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer \
                error on endpoint
Sep 28 17:55:02 security kernel: [81744.093647] xhci_hcd 0000:07:00.0: WARN: transfer \
error on endpoint

Without restrictions, i don't get these before the system freezes.
It's a hunch, but perhaps this could be related, because when it freezes it hasn't \
got time to write the warning to the syslog and to disk.

Is there anything in the cleanup of this warning related to dma/msi-x interrupts that \
could write or do something that could react differently above the 4Gb mem boundary ?

--

Sander