List:       linux-usb
Subject:    Multiple ttyUSBX , no udev which is which
From:       John Ervin <JohnLErvin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-21 23:17:16

Hello,

I have multiple devices on an embedded 2.6 linux system that does not have udev.

These devices are using different usbserial-dependent drivers and link to one of

the ttyUSBX devices which have been setup. I see in the kernel logs that the

linkings are fine first to \dev\ttyUSB0, then to \dev\ttyUSB1. However how do I

tell this from userspace?

It seems that /sys has that information. However, looping through this directory

and matching Vendor and product IDs seems too cumbersome a solution. Is there a

more straightforward way? For instance can I open the \dev\ttyUSBX files and send

an IOCTL to query the IDs?

thanks,
John